1/1 Photo of Garlic White Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
requested by heather feather from a gooseberry patch cookbook. cook time and prep time are estimated as i have not personally made it(yet!!!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs hot Italian sausage (in casings)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 (16 ounce) jars creamy alfredo sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 (6 ounce) packages sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1remove and discard sausage casings.
- 2brown in skillet till crumbled.
- 3drain sausage, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 4cook onion and garlic in drippings till tender.
- 5stir in sausage, red peppers and wine.
- 6bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes to let most of the liquid evaporate.
- 7meanwhile,cook spinach according to package;drain and squeeze out excess liquid with paper towels.
- 8combine spinach,ricotta,salt,pepper,and egg.
- 9stir well.
- 10spread 1 cup alfredo sauce in bottom of 13x9 baking pan.
- 11top with 4 lasagna noodles.
- 12top with half of spinach/cheese mixand half of sausage mix.
- 13place 4 slices mozzarella on top and repeat layers.
- 14top with remaining 4 lasagna nooddles and mozzarella slices.
- 15spread remaining alfredo sauce over cheese and noodles;sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 16cover and bake at 350 degreesfor 1 hour.
- 17uncover during last 15 minutes to brown.
- 18let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- 19(note:can be made ahead----prepare and cover overnight in fridge. let stand at room temp for 30 minutes before baking.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic White Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.7
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.6 mg
- Sodium 2301.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 44.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: