Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Rich, creamy, tangy, yummy. These mashed potatoes have it all.
Make and share this Goat Cheese Mashed Potato Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 ounces mild goat cheese, such as montrachet
- 1⁄4 cup minced scallion
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Drain and peel when cool enough to handle.
- Boil garlic with potatoes until soft.
- Remove and peel.
- Mash potatoes with garlic, cream, butter and cheese.
- Stir in scallions.
- Spoon into buttered casserole dish.
- Run under the broiler until golden-brown on top.
This recipe does have it all. Everyone enjoyed this including my toddler who was wanting to be difficult and who eventually succumbed and who then couldn't get enough :-D! I used feta for the cheese. Dead easy and very yummy.
Great recipe, the garlic was not overpowering, and really offset the tangyness of the cheese perfectly!
Delicious! I left out the scallion and did not run it under the broiler due to time, but they were a fantastic hit! Thank you for posting this recipe!