Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
On my first date with my husband we went wine tasting in the Temecula Valley. The Thornton Winery has a champagne tasting bar where they serve you a goat cheese spread with slices of fresh bread. When I asked about the recipe they quickly came back with a copy of it for me from behind the bar. It seems they keep a stack there due to the many requests they get. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shallot, chopped
- Blend together the cream cheese and goat cheese.
- Mix in the herbs, garlic, and shallots.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread.
I also had this dip at the winery bar and asked for the recipe - and they handed it right over! I make this once every 2 months because we start craving it.
WOW, this is super yummy and has the perfect dipping consistency! It is thick and creamy without being heavy. Mmmm and the taste! So herby and with a nice tang from the goats cheese. I reduced the amount of cheese used by half, cause I was making it for a smaller group, but kept the amount of herbs the same. It was perfect! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this recipe with us, Slatts! Ill surely make it again! Made and reviewed for I Recommend Tag Game May 2010.
Outstanding spread that I also enjoyed at the Thornton Winery. Using fresh herbs is important. I also increased the amount of goat cheese because I like its flavor. This would also make a good spread for paninis too.