Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Made in a springform pan with basil pesto, sun-dried tomato pesto, slivered almonds, and goat cheese. Haven't tried this yet, but the picture of it in the magazine makes it look so pretty, I'm going to try and make it soon. May try to substitute some of the goat cheese with cream cheese. This came from the Reader Recipes section of American Profile magazine and is credited to June Laughlin of The Villages, FL.
- Spray a 6-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cream goat cheese and butter with a mixer at medium speed until very smooth.
- Layer one third of the goat cheese mixture, half the basil pesto, half the almonds, and the tomato pesto in pan.
- Add half of the remaining goat cheese mixture, the remaining basil pesto, and the remaining almonds.
- Top with the remaining goat cheese mixture.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Remove pan sides and place torte on a plate. For peak texture and flavor, let stand 1 hour before serving with crackers. Garnish with a basil sprig.
Great! I'm going to try it on pasta as well.