1/1 Photo of Goat Cheese With Paprika, Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Capers
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Using typical Spanish ingredients, this tapa is quick and easy to prepare and has a deliciously smokey, yet salty taste. Roasted garlic and paprika are mixed with fresh, soft goat cheese, then spread over rustic bread and topped with sun-dried tomatoes and capers. From Lisa and Toni Sierra on About.com, changed a bit. Posted for ZWT 5 and haven't tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove goat cheese from refrigerator, unwrap and let it to warm to room temperature.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the garlic cloves, unpeeled, on a pan and drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the top. Place in hot oven and roast until garlic is soft, about 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- 3Add the paprika to the goat cheese. Skin and add roasted garlic to the cheese. Add olive oil and mix. The cheese will turn a pinkish-orange color.
- 4Cut baguette into slices about a 1/3-inch thick. Spread cheese mixture on each slice. Place sun-dried tomatoes and a caper or two onto each slice of bread.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese With Paprika, Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 637.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g