Prep1 hr 30 mins
These elegant little balls are served on tiny pretzel sticks. Great make ahead. From The Hors D'Oeuvre Book by C. Castle.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely minced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons chives, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- walnuts, finely chopped
- tiny pretzel stick
- garnish with watercress leaf
- In bowl combine cream cheese, gorgonzola, celery, parsley, onion, chives, and seasonings. Mix until well blended. Taste and adjust seasonings. Chill 1-2 hours.
- Form cheese mixture into 3/4 inch balls and gently roll in nuts to cover completely. Place in single layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to two days.
- To serve arrange balls attractively on a serving plate. Insert single pretzel stick into each ball. Garnish with watercress.
The blend of cheese was wonderful. I preferred mine on a wheat cracker as these bites are very rich! Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.
I LOVE bleu cheese, and these did not disappoint. I prepared these for an appetizer / finger food party where the bite-size was perfect. On a platter with Amazing Cheese Truffles, these were great with crackers and the recommended pretzels. I will be making these again.
Made these up as is for a neighborhood get-together & the approval rating went sky-high! A little time consuming to make, but the praise while devouring was appreciated! Thanks for an absolutely great-tasting, uniquely-presented KEEPER! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe tag in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #20]