Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour 3, Scandinavia. Found on Foodnetwork.com
Make and share this Gouda Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 340.19 g gouda cheese (rind trimmed)
- 113.39 g aged gouda cheese (rind trimmed)
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 0.25 ml freshly grated nutmeg
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- Combine wine and lemon juice in a small pot over medium heat.
- Toss together both cheeses and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- When the wine comes to a boil, slowly add the cheese and cornstarch mixture, whisking continuously until smooth.
- Season with nutmeg and cayenne.
- Transfer to a small slow cooker set to low and serve with the selection of dippers. Fondue should hold on low setting for up to 1 hour.
- Possible dippers - broccoli, cauliflower, apples, pears, boiled small potatoes, cubed bread.
This was very good. My family loves fondue and gouda cheese. this was very easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly except I didn't add the cayenne pepper.Made for Photo Tag 2007