A quick comfort meal at my house is always tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Since DH and I are both 50+, I feel that _perhaps_ we may be ready for a more grown-up version of this meal. Let's start with the sandwich. If I don't get _fired_ over this, I'll tackle the soup next. ;-)
- 4 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 canned artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 4 slices genoa salami
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce, for dipping
- 4 slices colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 ounces canned diced green chiles, drained (or use fresh if available)
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled cooked turkey bacon
- Place slices of bread on a cutting board. Brush topsides with olive oil. Turn over one side of bread (so oiled side is facing down).
- Top with desired fillings in the order listed.
- Place remaining slices of bread on top (oiled-side-up)and cook on a preheated nonstick griddle for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
I enjoyed this sandwich! I used some from a couple of the styles. I used cheddar cheese, artichoke hearts, red onions and black olives. Thanks!
This is a really good sandwich. I made it the Tex-Mex style and it tasted great. I want to try the other versions as well!
Yummy, yummy! We had it Tex-Mex Style and what a great treat and change from plain grilled cheese. I ended up doing 3 sandwiches with 6 pieces of bacon but didn't crumble. I definitely want to try the other types, too! Thanks for posting, SusieQusie!!