Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One pound of ground beef should give you 4 burgers depending on the size you shape them feel free to double the recipe. you may also add in some breadcrumbs if desired. Have a spray bottle handy because of the bacon these tend to cause a bit of a flare-up on the grill.
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (can use more!)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons ketchup or 3 tablespoons favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef (do not use extra lean ground beef!)
- bacon, slices
- Set grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except the bacon.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Wrap one or two slices of bacon around each patty, then secure with toothpicks.
- Place the patties on a greased grill.
- Cook until well done.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving.
Delicious burgers! I used about 2 1/2 lbs. of hamburger, and kept the ingredients for one pound. Seemed to be enough seasoning for our tastes. Thanks!
Very good burgers. How can you go wrong with bacon and beef?
Kitten, We just finished up barbecueing a triple batch of these burgers up. They are phenomenal! I used BBQ sauce in the meat mixture and topped with sauteed onions instead of putting them in the burger. The flavor was excellent. I topped these burgers with some tomato and lettuce.