Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great twist on the grilled burger! A must for blue cheese lovers, and the sauteed mushrooms finish these off perfectly! I had these at a friend's cook-out, and I had to have the recipe. If you like your meat spicier, feel free to add more spice to the meat mixture.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons creamed horseradish
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine ground beef, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well, and shape into 16 thin patties. It easier to form 8 equally portioned balls of meat, then halve it to form the patties.
- Combine cream cheese, blue cheese, onion, horseradish, and mustard in a small bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Divide cheese mixture evenly among 8 patties; spread to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with the remaining patties, pressing edges to seal. Make sure to seal them well.
- Grill hamburgers over medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees) 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms in melted butter in a skillet until tender. Top burgers with sauteed mushrooms.
Delicious burgers! We are big, big fans of gorgonzola cheese and mushrooms so we were absolutely in heaven. The only change I made was to leave the mustard out of the filling. Definitely on my go-to burger list and I have all summer to enjoy them again and again. : )
Blue cheese plus mushrooms, heaven.
Thankyou for posting this delicious burger. I had some leftover blue cheese that I wasn't quite sure what to do with and I am so glad that I tried your recipe. I hope you get many more reviews this is a keeper! I served it with parmesan zucchini sticks...so good. I added a little bit of steak seasoning to the burgers and on my buns I used butter lettuce, tomato slices and thousand island dressing....thanks again!!!!!:)