Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
The bacon in this cooks in the oven. Try this with tomato soup. Yummy! From Delish.com via MSN.
Make and share this Grilled Cheddar, Bacon, and Avocado Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced
- 8 slices white bread or 8 slices whole-grain bread, thick-cut
- 2 medium tomatoes, ripe, cut into 12 thin slices
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled and pitted, cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 400°F Cook bacon in the oven on a baking sheet with sides, turning strips over once, 12 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Place half the cheddar cheese on half the bread slices. Neatly arrange tomato slices, bacon strips, and avocado slices on top of cheese, then top with remaining cheese slices and bread.
- Heat 2 large heavy skillets or a griddle over medium-low heat. Carefully spread both sides of each sandwich with butter. Grill sandwiches, pressing down frequently with the back of a spatula, until bread is crisp and toasted to an even golden color and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side. Serve immediately, cutting sandwiches diagonally into halves.
Cross the first two fingers on your right hand and take a look. You see that? That's me and this sandwich.
No bacon, used ham instead. I omitted the butter and used my sandwich press - yum, yum, yum. My kids loved this too, now I have to share.....
This is so yummy. I used pam instead of butter. Thanks Ashbow :) Made for I Recommend tag game