I started liking grilled cheese & tomato sandwiches years ago at a little restaurant near my office. I would go about three times a week to order a grilled provolone cheese & tomato sandwich. Today I wanted something different, something a little spicier, so I made up the following recipe. I thought it was delicious! Hope you try it and enjoy it!
- Spread both slices of bread with a light layer of mayo.
- Put slice of cheese on one piece of bread.
- Add tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper& Italian Seasoning.
- Cover tomoto slices with other slice of cheese, then cover with other piece of bread.
- In the meantime, heat griddle or pan with butter and garlic power or minced garlic.
- Also spread butter on top of each side of bread.
- Grill until sandwich is brown on both sides and cheese is melted.