I'm doing a clean-up in all my magazines and I'm posting some recipes for safe-keeping. This one is from Coup de Pouce.
- 4 red bell peppers or 4 yellow bell peppers, halved, undamaged stem, seeded and white membrane removed
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, grilled and cut in dice of 1/4 inch
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml monterey jack pepper cheese or 473.18 ml Fontina cheese, grated
- Put bell peppers, cut side down, on a greased baking sheet. Grill in a preheated oven of 400 F for about 20 minutes or until they are tender.
- Flip the bell peppers, distribute the cubes of bread in the holes and cover with half the basil. Sprinkle with garlic and cheese. Keep cooking for about 15 minutes or until peppers are lightly black on the sides and cheese is bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining basil.