My version of Cuban sandwiches. I used Barb Gertz's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce in the sandwiches and they came out fabulous! This is a hearty sandwich thats crispy on the outside and cheesy on the inside. The pickles are a must!
- Preheat the griddle.
- Add mustard to one side and mayonnaise to to the other cut side of the rolls.
- Build each sandwich with the roasted turkey, pork, cheese, and pickles.
- Spread outside of roll with butter.
- Place the sandwich on the hot griddle, cover with a cookie sheet, and place heavy iron skillet or sandwich press to flatten.
- Grill the sandwich for a few minutes on each side.
- Slice in half diagonally and serve.