Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My version of Cuban sandwiches. I used Barb Gertz's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce in the sandwiches and they came out fabulous! This is a hearty sandwich thats crispy on the outside and cheesy on the inside. The pickles are a must!
- Preheat the griddle.
- Add mustard to one side and mayonnaise to to the other cut side of the rolls.
- Build each sandwich with the roasted turkey, pork, cheese, and pickles.
- Spread outside of roll with butter.
- Place the sandwich on the hot griddle, cover with a cookie sheet, and place heavy iron skillet or sandwich press to flatten.
- Grill the sandwich for a few minutes on each side.
- Slice in half diagonally and serve.
I used a hoagie and grilled it on the George Foreman. Fabulous! Very simple yet tasty combination of ingredients. I am addicted to crispy grilled sammiches!
Delicious! I made them using hoagie rolls, Cuban pork roast and slices of ham. I also took you advice and used Barb's honey mustard sauce (I too looked for the mustard), fantastic. We loved these sandwiches and plan on using them everytime I make a pork roast with the leftovers. Thanks for sharing.
These were good stuff. I didn't have the Portuguese rolls because we didn't have any but we used some soft whole kaiser rolls. I used our George Foreman grill and they turned out great.