1/2 Photos of Halloumi and Lentil Salad
A simple, tasty salad that's also attractive. This makes a great lunch & light dinner. Add some grilled lamb and you have a more substantial meal. From an old Super Food Ideas magazine. Australian measurements used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (400 g) cans brown lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 lebanese cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaf, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- cooking spray
- 1Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- 2Combine first 7 items in a bowl.
- 3Lengthwise, slice halloumi into 8 even pieces. Use a paper towel to pat dry. Lightly dust each slice with flour. Shake off excess.
- 4In 2 batches, spray one side of each cheese slice with oil than place, oil-side down, on grill pan. Cook for approx 2 minutes then spray top side and flip over. Cook for 2 minutes on this side or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- 5Serve immediately on top of lentil salad.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloumi and Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 62.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 53.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: