A simple, tasty salad that's also attractive. This makes a great lunch & light dinner. Add some grilled lamb and you have a more substantial meal. From an old Super Food Ideas magazine. Australian measurements used.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Combine first 7 items in a bowl.
- Lengthwise, slice halloumi into 8 even pieces. Use a paper towel to pat dry. Lightly dust each slice with flour. Shake off excess.
- In 2 batches, spray one side of each cheese slice with oil than place, oil-side down, on grill pan. Cook for approx 2 minutes then spray top side and flip over. Cook for 2 minutes on this side or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately on top of lentil salad.
Great salad! I used red lentils instead of brown and didn't dust the halloumi with flour, because I was sure it would have taken, like, 30 seconds and I wanted to eat already!! ;-) An amazing combination of tastes and takes very little time to make. Will definitely make again, and soon - thank you Mischka!
Sooo good! I had never had halloumi before, but it's a favorite now... it's true that it doesn't "need" a dusting of flour, but flour does give it a nice crispy crust that goes well with the fresh salad. (I used my grocery's "pan searing flour" that also includes white pepper) The only thing I did differently was to add a little coriander to the dressing. Excellent!
This is a perfect meal -- delicious, healthy, quick and easy-to-make, colourful and full of fibre. I made half a batch, but used all the 'dressing'. Also skipped the flour on the halloumi -- it just wasn't necessary. This will become a regular at my house. Am I obliged to share it with the family? Please say no!