A good use of leftover ham. These are great with a bowl of soup. You can use any cheese you wish. The freeze well and heat up nicely in the microwave.
- Combine water, butter and salt in medium saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Add flour all at once and beat with a wooden spoon until the batter leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add eggs one at a time using a beater.
- Beat well after each egg.
- Beat until dough i s smooth and shiny.
- Stir in cheese, ham and mustard.
- Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
Excellent!!!I added a half cup more of both the ham and the cheese b/c we like more stuff than biscuit. It turned out great!! I should have made a double batch, they went fast!I wasn't sure if I should take it off of the heat when I added the flour and eggs, so I did and it worked just fine.Definately a make again recipe!! I made mine Tablespoon-drop size and it made about 38 of them. I made them to go with chili, but they would be good for breakfast too. Just make them bigger! Yummy!!
YUM! I tried these out tonight in preparation for Super Bowl. Very easy and very tasty. I'm sure they will be a hit! I'm anxious to experiment with different cheeses and filling. Excellent appy.
I needed a recipe to take to a party for before dinner snacks and chose this one. What a winner! Three people asked for (and received) the recipe.
I made them as directed using old cheddar and added in finely diced green onions. I used a rounded tablepoon and got 40 1 1/2 inch puffs and had a little mixture left over so made 4 twice that size so I coud taste them before taking them to the party. They would be awesome with soups, stews and chili. Tasty and easy they will be a regular here. Thanks so much for posting!