Hey Jude's Note:
Quick and easy appetizer, good with drinks. This is easy to double or triple to the amount you need.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 medium mushrooms (about 1/2 lb.)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons shredded monterey jack cheese (or cheese of your choice, I use pepper-jack or chiquita cheese w/chiles)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fine cracker crumb (I use Ritz)
- 1Remove stems from mushrooms and reserve for another use.
- 2In a small pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter; brush over mushroom caps, coating thoroughly.
- 3In a small bowl, stir together remaining 4 tablespoons butter, garlic and cheese until blended; stir in wine, soy and cracker crumbs until well blended.
- 4Place mushrooms, cavity side up, on a rimmed baking sheet; mound filling in mushrooms, pressing in lightly.
- 5Broil about 6 inches from heat until bubbly and lightly browned, about 3 minutes; serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Happy Hour Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 94.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fine cracker crumbs