Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and easy appetizer, good with drinks. This is easy to double or triple to the amount you need.
- 10 medium mushrooms (about 1/2 lb.)
- 88.74 ml butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 44.37 ml shredded monterey jack cheese (or cheese of your choice, I use pepper-jack or chiquita cheese w/chiles)
- 29.58 ml dry white wine or 29.58 ml red wine
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 78.07 ml fine cracker crumb (I use Ritz)
- Remove stems from mushrooms and reserve for another use.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter; brush over mushroom caps, coating thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 4 tablespoons butter, garlic and cheese until blended; stir in wine, soy and cracker crumbs until well blended.
- Place mushrooms, cavity side up, on a rimmed baking sheet; mound filling in mushrooms, pressing in lightly.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat until bubbly and lightly browned, about 3 minutes; serve warm.