Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam (with seeds)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup walnut oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, avocado and red onion; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper and salt.
- Taste, and adjust amounts to suit your liking.
- Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
Beautiful, and delicious to boot! There was not a scrap left after my party. Could not find raspberry jam with seeds, so used jam without seeds - do not use preserves as it does not "melt" as it should. This will definitely become one of my standard salads.
This is a great salad. I followed another reviewer and added walnuts. The flavors all go really well together, except I think for us the tomatoes did not.
I love this salad because it is both beautiful to look at and tantilizing for the taste buds. I usually use bagged baby spinach, sweet onions, and feta cheese because I keep them on hand. My DD loves the dressing so much that I keep it made up in a jar in the refrigerator for anytime use. The recipe that I originally found had slightly different PROPORTIONS: 6 tBS. JAM, 4 tBS. VINEGAR AND 2/3 CUPS OIL, WITH EVERYTHING ELSE THE SAME. We LIKE THIS BETTER THAN ANY RASPBERRY VINAGRETTE FROM THE Store.