After the holidays we need some healthy food.
Make and share this Herbed Quinoa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml peas or 354.88 ml green beans
- 709.77 ml cold cooked quinoa
- 118.29 ml crumbled low-fat goat cheese
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml chopped mint or 59.14 ml basil
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh tarragon
- 78.07 ml chopped shallot
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml toasted cooled pine nuts
- To cook the quinoa: bring 2 cups of water or stock to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of quinoa.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until tender but not mushy.
- Drain off any remaining liquid.
- Fluff with a fork to separate the grains.
- Allow to cool before combining in salad.
- In a 2-quart saucepan over high heat, bring one quart water to a boil.
- Add the peas.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, or until tender; do not overcook.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl.
- Add the peas, goat cheese, parsley, basil, tarragon and chives.
- Toss lightly.
- In a cup, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Pour over the salad.
- Top with pine nuts.