Cook1 hr 30 mins
I adopted this recipe and found it to be the perfect comfort food on a "I really don't want to bother cooking" kind of day. It used basic ingredients that are always in my pantry and freezer, and couldn't be more simple to prepare. It isn't a pretty dish, but it is hearty and filling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pat ground beef into 8x8 pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If using, slice onion on top of beef.
- Slice potatoes onto onion layer, salt and pepper.
- Layer with cheese slices.
- Mix soup and milk together and spread over cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1-1 1/5 or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove foil and top with french fried onions and brown for about 5 minutes.