Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great for dipping slices of Italian bread into! This is a recipe that was used at Pampered Chef parties to sell their cookware.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (1 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix (like Good Seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red bell pepper (or green, yellow, orange)
- 1⁄8 cup thinly sliced green onion (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated gruyere cheese (Swiss is good too)
- extra virgin olive oil
- sliced Italian bread (or French bread, Rye bread or any hearty bread)
- Mix all ingredients, except the bread slices, together in a bowl.
- Generously grease shallow casserole dish with olive oil and place mayonnaise mixture inches.
- Bake at 350*F. for 30-35 minutes, until the dip is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with bread slices and enjoy!
This dip is simply divine. Do yourself a favor and try it! I halved the recipe, but added extra cheese and I added some shredded parmesan to the mixture and to the top! We enjoyed it for a football spread and had it on slices of french bread, warm from the oven! Thanks for posting this is a no fail pleaser! Made for Newest Zaar Tag!