Please note that I haven't made this, and I only tasted it (I really dislike lima beans, you see, and peas aren't a favourite either). But I asked for the recipe at the potluck I was at, since everyone else seemed to be really going for this. I admit, the taste I had was good--but of course I had no lima beans in my wee helping! I've been meaning to post it for a bit, and just realized it's perfect for St Paddy's Day, so I'd better get it into the database now. I made the name up, by the way; I was told it was called "Green Vegetable Casserole". Boring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (NOT low-fat, I was told)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- paprika, sprinkled just for colour
- 1Preheat oven to 350F; have ready an 8-inch casserole dish sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Cook each frozen vegetable separately, according to the pkg directions; my potluck host (who had made this) told me she does this in the microwave, and that she slightly undercooks the veggies.
- 3Drain vegetables well and set aside; thinly slice the green pepper and set that aside as well.
- 4Blend together the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise and milk to make a thin sauce.
- 5Place the lima beans into the casserole dish, then 1/3 of the green pepper slices, then the green beans, then 1/3 of the green pepper slices, then the peas, then top with the remaining green pepper slices.
- 6Pour the sauce over the veggies, then cover top of casserole with the parmesan, then dust lightly with paprika for colour.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How Green Is My Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.9
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 274.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: