1/11 Photos of Hully Gully (Frito Chili Salad)
1 hr 30 mins
A Good Thing's Note:
This stunning and delicious salad was a staple at the Wheat's household. I must give the credit for that. Man, one plate of this stuff is NEVER enough! Form a serving line and let everyone build their own; chatting in "line" is half the fun of this meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups chili, served hot such as Chili Con Carne With Beans (I probably would not cook mine for 2 or 3 hours...I can't wait that long for Hully Gully)
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- corn chips (We like Frito's - 1 to 2 bags of the small ones)
- 4 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream (1 to 2 containers)
- garlic powder
- 8 ounces salsa (1 to 2 jars)
- 1Cook your chili first.
- 2While the chili is simmering, chop your lettuce, tomatoes, and onion.
- 3Stir a bit of garlic salt in to the sour cream (it adds flavor and makes it more creamy).
- 4Grate your cheese if it's not already grated.
- 5Pop the top on your salsa and serve right from the jar if you wish.
- 6Place the ingredients in separate bowls in a serving line fashion in this order: plates (big is good), chips, cheese, chili, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, sour cream, and salsa.
- 7To serve: Chips go on the plate first, then the cheese. When you put the chili on top of that, the cheese will melt. Then the cold stuff on top -- lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream and salsa.
- 8I don't need to say, "enjoy" 'cuz I know you will! Kids LOVE this!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hully Gully (Frito Chili Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.9
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.3 mg
- Sodium 1850.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 30.9 g