this is a great tasting lasagna, topped with alfredo sauce and white wine. It is VERY TASTY. From my mother.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- In a large skillet, melt margarine and saute onion, and mushrooms.
- Stir in soup, alfredo sauce, pimentos, wine, tarragon, and basil. Reserve 1/3 of the sauce for top of lasagna.
- Drain spinach well between several layers of paper towels. The spinach needs to be completely drained.
- In another large bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan and egg and mix well.
- Spray a 10x15 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and place 3 noodles in dish. Make sure 10x15 dish is full size with a depth of 2 1/2 inches.
- Layer with half of remaining sauce, spinach-ricotta mixture, and chicken. The spinach ricotta mixture may be dry, that is ok, and you might have to spoon it over the sauce and spread it out.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the layer, starting with the sauce, but save some sauce for the topping.
- Top with the last 3 noodles and reserved sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Return to oven uncovered and bake for 5 minutes or just until cheese melts.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.