1/5 Photos of Incredible Chicken Lasagna
1 hr 20 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
this is a great tasting lasagna, topped with alfredo sauce and white wine. It is VERY TASTY. From my mother.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1In a large skillet, melt margarine and saute onion, and mushrooms.
- 2Stir in soup, alfredo sauce, pimentos, wine, tarragon, and basil. Reserve 1/3 of the sauce for top of lasagna.
- 3Drain spinach well between several layers of paper towels. The spinach needs to be completely drained.
- 4In another large bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan and egg and mix well.
- 5Spray a 10x15 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and place 3 noodles in dish. Make sure 10x15 dish is full size with a depth of 2 1/2 inches.
- 6Layer with half of remaining sauce, spinach-ricotta mixture, and chicken. The spinach ricotta mixture may be dry, that is ok, and you might have to spoon it over the sauce and spread it out.
- 7Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
- 8Repeat the layer, starting with the sauce, but save some sauce for the topping.
- 9Top with the last 3 noodles and reserved sauce.
- 10Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 12Return to oven uncovered and bake for 5 minutes or just until cheese melts.
- 13Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Incredible Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.9
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 171.9 mg
- Sodium 869.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 47.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: