1/2 Photos of Italian Bread Creamy Pesto Pepperoni Pizza
These are awesome! Crusty unsliced Italian bread is a must for this recipe, regular unsliced soft bread will not hold up. The ricotta mixture can be prepared well in advance and refrigerated until ready to use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large Italian bread, unsliced
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce (use more or less if desired to taste, store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (use more to taste if desired)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sliced black olives (very well drained pat dry with a paper towel, can use more)
- 2 (4 ounce) packages pepperoni, sliced (use more if desired)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 1Place one oven rack in upper-third of the oven, and the second oven rack on the lower third.
- 2Heat oven to 450°F (regular or convection air-bake).
- 3Half each loaf lengthwise, then crosswise to make 8 pizza crusts.
- 4In a bowl combine ricotta, pesto, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- 5Spread on the bread crusts.
- 6Sprinkle the olives on top of the ricotta.
- 7Top with pepperoni slices.
- 8Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 9Place 4 pizzas on one baking sheet and the other 4 on another baking sheet.
- 10Place on sheet on one rack and the other on the other rack.
- 11Bake for about 10-12 minutes (the cheese should be well melted).
- 12Cool for about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Bread Creamy Pesto Pepperoni Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (2310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.1
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.4 mg
- Sodium 1654.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: