1/7 Photos of Italian Fried Sandwiches
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
Not for the diet-conscious! A nice addition might be thinly sliced onion rings, raw or cooked (layered with the ham and cheese) , according to your personal preference. From "The Country Kitchen: Cheese And Biscuits", Jean Hatfield
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread the mustard evenly over the buttered side of the bread.
- 2Arrange the cheese on four slices, and top with the salami and remaining bread. Press firmly together.
- 3Beat the eggs and olive oil together, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- 5Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, fry 2 sandwiches at a time until golden brown, turning with a spatula to crisp both sides.
- 6Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Fried Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.3
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 181.2 mg
- Sodium 1374.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 24.5 g