Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not for the diet-conscious! A nice addition might be thinly sliced onion rings, raw or cooked (layered with the ham and cheese) , according to your personal preference. From "The Country Kitchen: Cheese And Biscuits", Jean Hatfield
- 9.85 ml French mustard
- 8 slice bread, buttered
- 125 g cheddar cheese or 125 g gruyere cheese, sliced
- 12 slice italian salami
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- oil, for shallow frying
- Spread the mustard evenly over the buttered side of the bread.
- Arrange the cheese on four slices, and top with the salami and remaining bread. Press firmly together.
- Beat the eggs and olive oil together, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, fry 2 sandwiches at a time until golden brown, turning with a spatula to crisp both sides.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve.
i love the combo of mustard and cheese on grilled sandwiches cakepops on parade easy peazy italian leg of quest .hope your having fun
Other than to omit the salt, your easy-fix recipe was halved for 2 of us and made as written for the Quest 2014. I am 1 of those people who views grilled cheese sammies as comfort food and this is yummy Italian comfort food. I used gruyere cheese and (like other reviewers) enjoyed the use of mustard and pepper. Thx for sharing this recipe, Agent Karen. :-)
I love fried sandwiches and this one does not disappoint. What a great textured sandwich with loads of flavor. I used french mustard, old cheddar and hot and sweet italian salami for an extra special treat. It was so yummy. Loved the crispiness that the egg brings to the sandwich. Can't wait to have this again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall Pac/12