Very nice luncheon dish with a green salad & crusty rolls or try serving it with my Italian Cauliflower Salad. Nice tasty quiche.
- 473.18 ml zucchini, skin on, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried tarragon
- 473.18 ml small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml milk
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 10 inch pie shells, unbaked
- In a large skillet sauté the zucchini, onions and garlic in the olive oil for 3 minutes; remove.
- Simmer the tomatoes, tomato sauce and remaining herbs until tomatoes are soft; set aside.
- Mix together the eggs, milk and cottage cheese; mix well.
- Put zucchini mixture into the pie shell. Add egg/cheese mixture and only 4 tbsp of the tomato mix.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and return to the oven to melt the cheese.
- Warm the tomato sauce and serve with the quiche wedges.
This was really great! I added all the tomato sauce instead of as a sauce over the finished product, I would not recommend doing it though, since then it was too runny. Followed the recipe, but I didn't have any tarragon so I used 1 teas. Italian seasoning. It was fabulous, my husband was surprised that he liked it.