1/1 Photo of Italian Tomato Zucchini Quiche
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml zucchini, skin on, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried tarragon
- 473.18 ml small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml milk
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 10 inch pie shells, unbaked
- 1In a large skillet sauté the zucchini, onions and garlic in the olive oil for 3 minutes; remove.
- 2Simmer the tomatoes, tomato sauce and remaining herbs until tomatoes are soft; set aside.
- 3Mix together the eggs, milk and cottage cheese; mix well.
- 4Put zucchini mixture into the pie shell. Add egg/cheese mixture and only 4 tbsp of the tomato mix.
- 5Bake in 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle on the cheese and return to the oven to melt the cheese.
- 7Warm the tomato sauce and serve with the quiche wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Tomato Zucchini Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.2
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 1194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 19.3 g