1/2 Photos of Italian Vegetable Melt
This is recipe from a book I recieved from the Cookbook Swap. A variety of fresh vegetables will work in this sandwich. A great lunch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 crusty Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons clear Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 small green sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese (6 ounces) or 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Chose crusty Italian bread that are 6-7 inches long.
- 2Split bread in half horizontally. Place halves on baking sheet, cut side up.
- 3In a 10-inch skillet or wok heat the salad dressing. Add onion, zucchini, green pepper, and garlic. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in tomato.
- 4Sprinkle half of the provolone or mozzarella cheese on bread halves. Spoon vegetable mixture on cheese; sprinkle with remaining provolone or mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese.
- 5Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Vegetable Melt
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.7
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 482.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crusty Italian bread