Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is recipe from a book I recieved from the Cookbook Swap. A variety of fresh vegetables will work in this sandwich. A great lunch!
- 2 crusty Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons clear Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄2 small green sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded provolone cheese (6 ounces) or 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Chose crusty Italian bread that are 6-7 inches long.
- Split bread in half horizontally. Place halves on baking sheet, cut side up.
- In a 10-inch skillet or wok heat the salad dressing. Add onion, zucchini, green pepper, and garlic. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in tomato.
- Sprinkle half of the provolone or mozzarella cheese on bread halves. Spoon vegetable mixture on cheese; sprinkle with remaining provolone or mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
My name is GailAnn and I'm a food/recipe addict...and I blame it ALL on Zaar. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.