Cook1 hr 15 mins
Yes, itsa chicken cordon blue casserole, but itsa different one from the others. This has the addition of rich sour cream and uses cream of celery soup for a slight twist on an old favorite. Try this with leftover stuffing too.
- Mix soup, sour cream and milk in bowl with whisk. Set aside.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Wrap 2 pieces of ham around chicken and place in pan.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 Swiss cheese slices.
- Pour bag of frozen vegetables over the top.
- Pour soup mixture over all.
- Top with stuffing.
- Dot top with butter.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 to 25 minutes.
This is a great one dish meal. We love chicken cordon blue and stuffing is a family favorite. It was easy to prepare and I love that I only had to dirty up one dish. I found that my chicken was not done in the time stated however. After the first 55 minutes the inside of my chicken was still very pink so I cranked up the oven to 375 for the last 15 and that seemed to do the trick.
Jazzed up comfort food, YAY. I needed to lighten the fat content so I used fat free Swiss cheese, reduced fat soup, fat free milk and fat free sour cream. I skipped the butter altogether. The frozen mixed veggies I used were made up of spinach, red and yellow pepper, broccoli and pea pods. It's rich and luscious and so easy to make! Thanks Jess for posting this one :D.