Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Yes, itsa chicken cordon blue casserole, but itsa different one from the others. This has the addition of rich sour cream and uses cream of celery soup for a slight twist on an old favorite. Try this with leftover stuffing too.
- 304.75 g can cream of celery soup
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml milk
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 8 slice thin deli ham
- 8 slice swiss cheese
- 453.59 g package frozen mixed vegetables
- 170.09 g box seasoned stuffing mix
- 59.14 ml butter
- Mix soup, sour cream and milk in bowl with whisk. Set aside.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Wrap 2 pieces of ham around chicken and place in pan.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 Swiss cheese slices.
- Pour bag of frozen vegetables over the top.
- Pour soup mixture over all.
- Top with stuffing.
- Dot top with butter.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 to 25 minutes.
This is a great one dish meal. We love chicken cordon blue and stuffing is a family favorite. It was easy to prepare and I love that I only had to dirty up one dish. I found that my chicken was not done in the time stated however. After the first 55 minutes the inside of my chicken was still very pink so I cranked up the oven to 375 for the last 15 and that seemed to do the trick.
Jazzed up comfort food, YAY. I needed to lighten the fat content so I used fat free Swiss cheese, reduced fat soup, fat free milk and fat free sour cream. I skipped the butter altogether. The frozen mixed veggies I used were made up of spinach, red and yellow pepper, broccoli and pea pods. It's rich and luscious and so easy to make! Thanks Jess for posting this one :D.