1/4 Photos of Jalapeño Wings With Cool Cilantro Dip
A lot of people don't like cilantro, but I think it really makes the flavors combine in the dip. I used fresh jalapeños before, but I think the pickled kind works better with less mess and fuss.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups green chili salsa (salsa verde)
- 2 tablespoons sliced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- celery rib, for serving
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°. Spread the wings out on 2 baking sheets in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes, turning once, until the wings are golden and crisp.
- 2In a mini food processor, puree the hot sauce and pickled jalapeños until smooth. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the garlic over low heat. Add the puree to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Transfer the sauce to a large bowl.
- 3In another bowl mix yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro and blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl.
- 4Using tongs, put the chicken wings in the bowl with the hot sauce and toss to coat. Pour the wings and any extra sauce onto a large platter and serve. Serve with dip and celery sticks.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeño Wings With Cool Cilantro Dip
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.3
- Calories from Fat 552
- Total Fat 61.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 256.5 mg
- Sodium 697.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 55.4 g