1/2 Photos of Jalapeno Cheese Crackers
Spicy and buttery tidbits perfect for any dinner party. These little appetizers get a little heat from the cayenne and jalapeno cheese. A perfect match for a glass of wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, cumin, salt, and red pepper.
- 3Cut in the butter until the size of coarse crumbs.
- 4Stir in the shredded cheese.
- 5Sprinkle the water over the mixture, stirring until all the dough is moistened.
- 6Turn the dough onto a large piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap and gather the dough into a ball; then flatten into a disk. If necessary, wrap and refrigerate for 30 min or until easy to handle.
- 7On a lightly floured surface roll the dough to about 1/8-inch thickness.
- 8Using a floured 2" cookie cutter to cut dough, rerolling as necessary.
- 9Place pieces about 1/2 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake for 8 min or until crackers are golden brown around the edges.
- 11Transfer to a rack to cool completely. If desired, lightly sprinkle with paprika.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Cheese Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 26.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g