Spicy and buttery tidbits perfect for any dinner party. These little appetizers get a little heat from the cayenne and jalapeno cheese. A perfect match for a glass of wine.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, cumin, salt, and red pepper.
- Cut in the butter until the size of coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle the water over the mixture, stirring until all the dough is moistened.
- Turn the dough onto a large piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap and gather the dough into a ball; then flatten into a disk. If necessary, wrap and refrigerate for 30 min or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough to about 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a floured 2" cookie cutter to cut dough, rerolling as necessary.
- Place pieces about 1/2 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 min or until crackers are golden brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely. If desired, lightly sprinkle with paprika.