Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from a co-worker years ago, she brought these in for a birthday. They are absolutely addictive. I am requested to make this all the time and have given it out too many times to count. Enlist some helpers with the spreading and rolling. *Note: I have found that fresh jalapenos can be tricky finding out if they have the right amount of heat. I buy 4-6 peppers, process 3 of them & add them to the cream cheese mixture. If I have the desired heat I stop, if not I add 1 more pepper at a time. I've never had to use more than 6. Hope this helps :)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened at room temp (you may use the less fat or fat free)
- 2 -4 fresh jalapenos, chopped (red and or or green)
- 1⁄4 of a fresh onions, chopped or 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 packages carl budding deli roast beef or 2 packages honey ham deli meat, chopped
- 1 (24 count) package flour tortillas (fajita size you may have leftovers, use for something else)
- In a medium sized bowl soften cream cheese to room temperature.
- Add to the cream cheese, the jalapenos, deli meat and onion mixing thoroughly.
- Spread mixture onto tortillas, then roll them up and then slice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
These were VERY good! The reason for only 4 stars is because it made nowhere near 20 tortillas! I used the fajita size as instructed but got only 8 of that size and 3 small taco shells. I didn't spread it on thick, either. In fact, I think it could have been spread on a little thicker. So how you got 20 is beyond me! Everyone at the party loved them so I will definately be making these again but I'll double the recipe for sure. Next time I think I'll play with the recipe and use some of the other reviewers idea's. Thanks Pooh Bear!
One of the appetizers I made for Super Bowl. Only made 2 tortillas and they were gone in a flash. Great flavor and quick to make.
These are wonderful. I have made them several times and everyone always asks for them at parties. Thanks for a great recipe! Update: After making several times, I have added cheddar cheese. I also wrap the meat in slices instead of chopping into the mixture.