Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These appetizers can be topped with a variety of items after broiling for a wonderful presentation. From the recipe collection of Bird's sister Kathy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium mushrooms, stems removed
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- salmon, sliced paper thin and chopped (optional)
- fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- pine nuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Preheat broiler. Mix cream cheese and green onions and place in a piping bag.
- Pipe cheese filling into mushroom caps and place on baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add toppings if preferred.
Very good, I chose to enjoy them "au naturel", lol, no toppings. Made for PRMR.
These little chaps are so easy to whip up and oh so good to eat!! I topped some of mine with the pinenuts and the rest with some crumbled cooked bacon.Both were really yummy. A fabulous combination using the simplest of ingredients.In my book that's a winner!! Thanks for sharing this Bird!!