Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is my nephew's girlfriend's creation. I love onions and who doesn't love cheese? The combination is very tasty in my opinion. Only use red onions. I've tried it with regular and the flavor just isn't the same. Hope you like it. Note: The cheese slices are based on the approximate size as the Kraft slices.
- Spread butter on one side of the 4 bread slices.
- turn over.
- divide the cheese and onion slices on the buttered side of 2 slices.
- grind some fresh pepper over this.
- place other 2 slices of bread on top, butter side up.
- Heat a pan to medium heat and fry each side of the sandwiches until golden brown and cheese starts to melt.
- you could use a panini press if you like.
- serve immediately.
I really enjoyed this tasty grilled cheese sandwich Lori Mama. It was very satisfying. The sweet red onion and fresh cracked black pepper gives it a nice bite. I used old cheddar but had to use white bread as I am allergic to different grains. This was perfect served with sweet pickles and ketchup. Thank you for sharing this tasty recipe.
Made for I Recommend Tag Game and wowwwwww I am glad I did. I used whole wheat bread and sharp cheddar cheese and what a simple recipe for a delicious sandwich. Next time I am going to saute some onions and then add them to the sandwich....thank you for submitting a great and delicious recipe.
I had it for breakfast this morning. I used whole-wheat bread. Instead of cheddar cheese, I used emmenthal cheese. I grilled it in my panini pan. So yummy. Thanks Lori :) Made for Holiday tag