This recipe is my nephew's girlfriend's creation. I love onions and who doesn't love cheese? The combination is very tasty in my opinion. Only use red onions. I've tried it with regular and the flavor just isn't the same. Hope you like it. Note: The cheese slices are based on the approximate size as the Kraft slices.
- Spread butter on one side of the 4 bread slices.
- turn over.
- divide the cheese and onion slices on the buttered side of 2 slices.
- grind some fresh pepper over this.
- place other 2 slices of bread on top, butter side up.
- Heat a pan to medium heat and fry each side of the sandwiches until golden brown and cheese starts to melt.
- you could use a panini press if you like.
- serve immediately.