1/1 Photo of Kymartin6's Jalapeno Poppers
This recipe has become a legend on several Nascar message boards. It's the perfect game day/race day snack but you might not want to wait that long. ;) If you don't like jalapeños use the mild Anaheim peppers. If you don't like any kind of pepper, try the bacon-cheese mixture on English muffins or small rounds of pizza dough. I'm posting it with the originator's permission and including several of the variations different people have come up with. You can't mess this one up. To quote Kymartin6 himself, "IF IT AIN'T SIMPLE AND FOOLPROOF--I DON'T COOK IT!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 -30 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and finely crumbled
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- salt (optional)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1Arrange the jalapeño halves on a large cookie sheet.
- 2Mix the remaining ingredients thoroughly. This is best done with a food processor but if, like me, you don't have one a fork and plenty of elbow grease will do the job.
- 3Pack the cheese mixture into the jalapeño halves so that it rounds up a bit.
- 5Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
- 6Enjoy hot, lukewarm, cold, or briefly rewarmed in the microwave.
- 7Reputedly, they are excellent with beer. I don't like beer so I can't say. However, if you like beer you can consider that expert advice. ;) :D LOL.
- 8Variations include substituting mozzarella for the sharp cheddar, substituting cracker crumbs or crushed potato chips for the bread crumbs, and drastically reducing the amount of bread crumbs for a lower-carb option.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kymartin6's Jalapeno Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (1196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 160.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g