1/2 Photos of Lamb Pasta Casserole
We enjoyed this simple pasta casserole that's a great way to use up some leftover ricotta cheese and other things we usually have on hand. I think this would also work well using ground beef. Adapted from Bon Appetit (June 1981)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb ground lamb
- 1/8 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces other pastas, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 1/8 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 2Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with Pam or other cooking spray.
- 3In a large skillet saute lamb, onion and garlic over medium high heat until lamb is brown and onions are tender (10 min). Pour off excess fat.
- 4Stir in soup, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to med low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5While lamb mixture is cooking, toss pasta, butter and Pamesan in a large bowl.
- 6Stir in lamb mixture and ricotta cheese.
- 7Pour into prepared dish. Cover casserole and bake for 20-25 minutes. Uncover casserole and cook another 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.8
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 643.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 27.4 g