Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
We enjoyed this simple pasta casserole that's a great way to use up some leftover ricotta cheese and other things we usually have on hand. I think this would also work well using ground beef. Adapted from Bon Appetit (June 1981)
- 340.19 g ground lamb
- 28.39 ml chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 297.66 g can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 59.14 ml water
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 226.79 g spaghetti or 226.79 g other pastas, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 28.39 ml butter, melted
- 28.39 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with Pam or other cooking spray.
- In a large skillet saute lamb, onion and garlic over medium high heat until lamb is brown and onions are tender (10 min). Pour off excess fat.
- Stir in soup, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to med low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While lamb mixture is cooking, toss pasta, butter and Pamesan in a large bowl.
- Stir in lamb mixture and ricotta cheese.
- Pour into prepared dish. Cover casserole and bake for 20-25 minutes. Uncover casserole and cook another 5 minutes.
YUM! I made this last night and my 9 yr old inhaled it. Super easy to make and I liked the addition of ricotta. A bit mild for my taste but still very good. Thanks for posting.
DH and I had this for dinner last night. It was tasty, but I thought it needed a little more flavor. DH experimented using cumin in his. We both used extra parm on top of the casserole. I used one small onion and 3 cloves of garlic, otherwise I followed the directions as stated.
This was really good and very easy too. I used elbow pasta as I had it on hand. Otherwise made to the recipe except I added a little extra pepper and some extra parmesan on top of the casserole. Used an 11x7 dish which had plenty of room in it. Thanks for the recipe ellie!