1/2 Photos of Layered Salmon and Avocado Dip
This is a simple and delicious dip. Makes one large or high dip or two smaller sized. Serve with rice crackers or crackers of your choice. This dip is gluten-free. For the moulds you can use a long rectangle of light cardboard (or some breakfast cereal box) taped together to form a 10cm ring). Cover the cardboard ring in aluminium foil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g cream cheese, at room temperature (you can sub light cream cheese)
- 105 g red salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/2 juice and lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 2 teaspoons finely cut chives
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
Avocado Cream Layer
- 1 avocado, seeded peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (can sub light sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons bottled char-grilled red capsicums, drained and chopped (peppers)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest of, finely grated
- herbs (to garnish)
- 1Using an electric mixer-beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- 2Stir in the remaining 'salmon layer' ingredients.
- 3Place the ring moulds onto a plate. Spoon the salmon mixture into the bottom of the moulds. Use a spoon to smooth the surface over. Chill while you make the next layer.
- 4To make the avocado layer- combine all avocado layer ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Layer over the salmon mixture and top with herbs of your choice. Chill another 30 minutes or until required.
- 5Carefully remove rings to serve. You can cut them with scissors to make the removal easier.
- 6Serve with crackers of your choice. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Salmon and Avocado Dip
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 44.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of