This is a simple and delicious dip. Makes one large or high dip or two smaller sized. Serve with rice crackers or crackers of your choice. This dip is gluten-free. For the moulds you can use a long rectangle of light cardboard (or some breakfast cereal box) taped together to form a 10cm ring). Cover the cardboard ring in aluminium foil.
- 125 g cream cheese, at room temperature (you can sub light cream cheese)
- 105 g red salmon, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 juice and lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 2 teaspoons finely cut chives
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
Avocado Cream Layer
- 1 avocado, seeded peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (can sub light sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons bottled char-grilled red capsicums, drained and chopped (peppers)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of, finely grated
- herbs (to garnish)
- Using an electric mixer-beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining 'salmon layer' ingredients.
- Place the ring moulds onto a plate. Spoon the salmon mixture into the bottom of the moulds. Use a spoon to smooth the surface over. Chill while you make the next layer.
- To make the avocado layer- combine all avocado layer ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Layer over the salmon mixture and top with herbs of your choice. Chill another 30 minutes or until required.
- Carefully remove rings to serve. You can cut them with scissors to make the removal easier.
- Serve with crackers of your choice. Enjoy!