Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
OK I'm sure they don't eat these in Lebanon, but it does use Lebanese bread and is a quick way to cook a light pizza for one or two.
- 100 g lebanese bread (about 30cm or 12-inches round)
- 125 g tomato paste
- 125 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100 g kalamata olives (pitted)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 225 C (425F).
- Spread tomato paste even over leabanese bread and top with grated mozzarella, followed by evenly spaced olives.
- Sprinkle herbs over the top.
- Bake in oven for 10 - 15 minutes (check after 10, it doesn't take long).
- Allow to rest a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Mmmmmmm...Pizza is one of my favorite foods and I especially love olives on my pizzas. I could not find any Lebanese bread anywhere so I ended up using a Boboli-type pizza crust. Other than that, I followed the recipe as written. This made a quick, easy and very tasty meal. It was so good that I made another one the next day. I will be using this recipe often in the future. Made for May 2012 Aus/NZ Swap.
Should I walk up to you and just say, "Pizza is the answer." Then walk away. I know you would understand. Made for A-NZ #58 Recipe Tag.
Yummy Pizza Peter! I did add a couple artichoke hearts I needed to use up. Delightful! Thanks. Made by a Looney Spoon Phoodie for Family Picks in ZWT#6!