Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have meatloafs in the freezer. Nothing goes to waste. I have to either slice up the leftover meatloaf and place it back in the freezer as a meal or come up with something do with it. Here is one idea....I'm sure their are 100's
- 4 -6 slices leftover meatloaf
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (or your homemade stuff)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 4 -6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Place your slices of meatloaf flat on the bottom of a 9 X 13 cooking dish (smaller if you have less pieces), touching but not overlapping.
- Mix together tomato sauce, garlic, seasoning and pour over the meatloaf.
- Place a slice of cheese over each meatloaf slice (you can use shredded cheese if you want).
- Warm in a 350F over until the cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbly.
Thanks for answering my post, Trish! I had a leftover uncooked meatloaf in the freezer, which I baked first and followed the rest of the recipe. Served it with egg noodles and Amish Green Beans by Sharlene W. This meatloaf was enjoyed even by my kids, who do not like meatloaf. Roxygirl
This is the best idea for leftover meatloaf I've ever seen, it makes sense, meatloaf is just a giant meatball! It's so simple, it's brilliant!
Tish,I must say this is a very good way to use up leftover meatloaf.Since it was just me eating dinner,this is how it was made.I took three very thinly sliced pieces of Mom's Meatloaf,layed them side by side and topped each slice with 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce that already had a blend of basil,garlic,and oregano.Then I topped that with a shredded Italian Cheese blend. Popped this into my toaster oven.( Didn't want to heat up the whole oven for just me)Baked it at 350Âº for 30 minutes.And I served it over spaghetti.Thank you for posting a very interesting way to serve leftover meatloaf."Keep Smiling:)"