Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother never wasted anything and any left over pastry was made into wonderful pasties, filled with a combination of cheese, onion and tomato - mouthwatering!
- Grate the cheese, take the seeds out of the tomatoes, and dice into small pieces. Fine dice the onion.
- Add the cheese, onion and tomatoes together in a medium bowl adding pepper and salt. mix together well.
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Roll out pastry, and using a saucer or small plate approximately 6 inches wide as a guide, cut out circles.
- Place the mixture on the pastry in an oblong -dampen with water around the rim with a little water and gently bring the pastry together, crimping it with your fingers.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve either hot or cold. Great for picnics, family outings, and school lunches.
I added in leftover hamburger. I just broke them up into small pieces and added in with the other stuff. Yum!
LOVE THEM! This is identical to the recipe I've used for years to use up Christmas ham. (Just add diced ham to the ingredients listed.) Thank you for posting Joyful!
My DD loved these. I made them last night for today's lunch and 2 of them were gone before morning :)I made them with puff pastry sheets and my tomato and onion must have been extra large because I have enough filling left over to make more tonight.