My mother never wasted anything and any left over pastry was made into wonderful pasties, filled with a combination of cheese, onion and tomato - mouthwatering!
- Grate the cheese, take the seeds out of the tomatoes, and dice into small pieces. Fine dice the onion.
- Add the cheese, onion and tomatoes together in a medium bowl adding pepper and salt. mix together well.
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Roll out pastry, and using a saucer or small plate approximately 6 inches wide as a guide, cut out circles.
- Place the mixture on the pastry in an oblong -dampen with water around the rim with a little water and gently bring the pastry together, crimping it with your fingers.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve either hot or cold. Great for picnics, family outings, and school lunches.