1/2 Photos of Leftover Pasties
My mother never wasted anything and any left over pastry was made into wonderful pasties, filled with a combination of cheese, onion and tomato - mouthwatering!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the cheese, take the seeds out of the tomatoes, and dice into small pieces. Fine dice the onion.
- 2Add the cheese, onion and tomatoes together in a medium bowl adding pepper and salt. mix together well.
- 3Preheat oven to 220c.
- 4Roll out pastry, and using a saucer or small plate approximately 6 inches wide as a guide, cut out circles.
- 5Place the mixture on the pastry in an oblong -dampen with water around the rim with a little water and gently bring the pastry together, crimping it with your fingers.
- 6Place on a baking tray and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 7Serve either hot or cold. Great for picnics, family outings, and school lunches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (707 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.0
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.7 mg
- Sodium 714.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 16.7 g