1/3 Photos of Linda's Chicken Fandango
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
Created for RSC #11. Creamy pasta in a luscious wine sauce, with grilled chicken pieces and flavors of shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and tarragon. During the final stage Asiago cheese is added to bring it all together, and make this a dish to remember. Serve in large bowls, so you can get lots of sauce for dipping your bread into. May I suggest a nice crusty Italian or French bread, and a nice white wine to accompany this lovely dinner? I used dry Marsala wine for this dish. I also used a George Foreman grill to do the chicken. It is fine to use whole wheat pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 quarts water
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled
- 3 ounces butter flavored oil
- 1 (3 ounce) package shallots, thinly sliced into rings, caramelized
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, julienned into thinly sliced strips
- 6 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, julienned into thin strips horizontally, then cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces white wine
- 10 ounces half-and-half or 10 ounces heavy cream
- 6 ounces asiago cheese
- 1Turn the grill on, and set it at 360°F.
- 2Put 5 quarts water on to boil for pasta in a large pot. When water is boiling add the 1 T. salt, then add the fettuccine. Cook according to directions on box. Drain well, and set aside. Cover.
- 3Once temperature is up to 360°F, place the chicken on the grill top and close the cover. Cook 15-20 minutes. Test with a knife to see if it is cooked all the way through. When chicken is done, cut it into thin strips horizontally (long way), then into 1" pieces. Set aside.
- 4Chop shallots, spinach, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, and put in separate dishes.
- 5Add 3 oz. of butter flavored oil to a lg. skillet. Heat over high heat and add shallots, then turn down to medium, and let the shallots caramelize, stirring once in awhile, so they don't burn (about 5-7 minutes).
- 6When shallots are done add spinach, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, grilled chicken, tarragon, salt and pepper. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- 7Add the white wine, and saute for 2 minutes.
- 8On medium heat, add the half and half/cream. Let simmer for a few minutes, stirring to incorporate everything. (You don't want the heat too high, or the half and half/cream may curdle). Set aside.
- 9Run hot water over the cooked pasta for 10 seconds, to heat. Drain thoroughly.
- 10Put pasta in the saute pan, and using tongs, mix pasta until well incorporated and covered with sauce. Place briefly over low heat to make sure it's heated through. Take off burner.
- 11Add Asiago cheese, and continue to toss until cheese is completely mixed in with the pasta and sauce.
- 12Transfer to a large serving bowl with all the juices, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- 13Serve in large spaghetti bowls with lots of sauce so you can dip your bread in and savor the juices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Chicken Fandango
Serving Size: 1 (2017 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1495.9
- Calories from Fat 643
- Total Fat 71.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 245.4 mg
- Sodium 4295.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 51.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: