It doesn't get much better than this! Quick and easy to make, and great when your on the run with the kids, or if things are hectic and you need something for supper last minute. These are enjoyed by young and old, and good any time you are in the mood for something sloppy and delish!
- Cook beef and onion in large skillet over med-high heat until no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1- 2 minutes or until hot.
- To serve, divide the meat mixture into 4 servings, then spoon onto the bottoms of the 4 rolls.
- Top each roll with 1 slice of cheese and 3 pickle slices.
- Top each with the top half of the roll and serve.
I was looking for something quick to make for mine and my SO's dinner on 1/27/13, and decided to try this recipe.As the meat/onion mixture was cooking,a bit of seasoned salt and extra pepper was added. After draining, the remaining ingredients in Step 2 were added. Since I'm not that crazy about dill pickles,a bit of sweet pickle relish was used. The way this recipe is written,it would be great for kids and those adults who don't like spicy.But I think if you add a bit of crushed red pepper flakes or a dash of chili powder, it would be great for those that like a bit of heat. This is a recipe that could appeal to a lot of taste buds. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Enjoyed the recipe! I was looking for something quick to cook and decided to try this recipe. It is simple to put together and I used regular onions instead of minced. I never ate cheese and pickles on a sloppy Joe but really liked the combination.
these were great! my super picky 5-yr-old DS and 18-mo-old DD LOVED them. That in itself says a whole lot. Simple and satisfying, I will definitely be making these again.