Kinda like twice baked. I nuked them first but you can bake them. These are loaded with flavor. You can serve as an appetizer or a side.
- 4 large baking potatoes or 8 -10 small red potatoes, to serve as an appetizer
- 8 -10 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (My favorite Roasting Salt Blend for Veggies or Meats by HeatherFeather Roasting Salt Blend for Veggies or Meats)
- Microwave potatoes till soft about 10 minutes.
- Cut lenghtwise in 1/2 scoup out flesh leaving some so to hold the shape.
- Mix the scouped potato with the rest of the ingredients mashing the potatoes.
- Fill back into skins and bake 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
These were really good!!! Thanks for a great recipe!!
These potatoes were awesome! I used leaner bacon 25% less fat and instead of frying I baked the bacon. I find that less messy. I also used HeatherFeather's salt blend which is another great recipe. Potatoes came out perfect!
I baked my potatoes at 450° for 45 minutes so that the skin got nice and crisp and the potatoes soft inside, then followed the recipe as written. Thought there might be a little too much cream cheese for my taste so if I make these again, will try using less and maybe a little more sour cream. Loved the flavor the bacon gave to it. Thanks, Rita.