Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
What is there not to like? Rich cheese, green beans and mayonnaise with lots of extra flavors rolled into one decadent dish.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained well
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, sliced, sep into rings
- 2 stalks celery, sliced small
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced cheese (cheddar, jack, pepper jack, cream - your choice)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the onions, celery and mushrooms until soft (about 7 to 8 minutes).
- Mix the mayonnaise and cream.
- Mix everything together in a casserole and bake at 350°F, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and brown, if desired.