1/1 Photo of Low Carb Tuna and ' Rice' Casserole
This "rice" used in this recipe can be used as a substitute for rice in any recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces fresh cauliflower, shredded, 1 small head
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 1Put cauliflower in a 2 1/2 quart casserole with a lid.
- 2Add 3 tablespoons of water, cover and microwave on HIGH 8-10 minutes until just tender, stirring every couple minutes (do not overcook); stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- 3Meanwhile, sauté the celery in remaining tablespoon of butter until very tender.
- 4In medium microwaveable bowl, mix 6 ounces of the cheese and cream.
- 5Microwave a 2 minutes to melt the cheese; stir until well blended.
- 6Whisk in mayonnaise, seasonings and dry onion.
- 7Stir tuna and mushrooms into cauliflower; add cheese sauce and mix well.
- 8Can be covered and chilled at this point and then baked later.
- 9Cover and bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes; uncover, top with remaining cheese and bake another 10-15 minutes until bubbly; add an extra 5-10 minutes to first baking time if chilled.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Tuna and ' Rice' Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.7
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 982.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 25.8 g